The protection of your personal data is of the utmost importance to us. In this privacy statement we describe what measures are taken to guarantee the protection of your personal data in accordance with the Belgian privacy legislation and the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). By providing this information we intend to inform you clearly about how we take care of your data within our organisation.
We can and may amend this privacy statement at any time. Any amendments that are made will be announced on our website. The last amendment was made on 20 May 2020.
2. Privacy statement
This “Privacy Statement” regulates the processing of your personal data by the data controller. The European Caravan is a project set up by several partners. With regard to this Privacy statement you can address Madam Fortuna vzw.
The European Caravan (Madam Fortuna vzw)
03 235 05 52
CBE number 0473.216.181
This Privacy Statement applies to all current and past visitors and users and applies to all pages of the website www.europeancaravan.eu. However, this Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party web pages which we may refer you to and to which a different privacy statement may apply.
Article 1 – Personal data
1.1. Personal data you share with us:
- Category 1: without registering: a large part of the information on the website is available without requiring to provide personal data.
- Category 2: if you want to contact us, we ask you to fill in a web form and share personal information: this information may include your email address, first name, surname, organisation name, telephone number, etc.
- Category 3: via cookies, see Article 8.
Article 2 – Purposes of the processing
2.1. General purposes
The European Caravan will only use the personal data collected about you for the following purposes:
- Category 1: the care and improvement of our website and the inclusion of personal data in anonymous statistics. However, the identity of specific persons or companies cannot be traced on the basis thereof. The legal basis of the above is The European Caravan’s legitimate interest to continuously improve its websites and services.
- Category 2: managing your contact request. In this case, the legal basis is the performance of a service or information you have requested, as well as sending sporadic messages on aspects that may be important to you (practical information, payment, …);
- Category 3: The purpose of the cookies is described in Article 8 of this Privacy Statement. The legal basis for cookies is your explicit, prior consent which will be requested as you visit the website.
You are not required to provide any personal data. However, you should know that we will not be able to provide certain services if you do not agree to the processing of your data.
2.2. Direct marketing
The personal data can also be used for direct marketing purposes, provided that you have given your additional express consent (“opt-in”).
If you are already on our mailing list for receiving marketing materials, either in paper and/or electronic format, The European Caravan may use these data to send you marketing and other material relating to The European Caravan, its products and/or services. The European Caravan may use the information you provide to update documents stored by The European Caravan.
You can revoke this consent at any time, without providing a justification and free of charge, for example by clicking on the unsubscribe link included at the bottom of each newsletter or promotional email, or by sending an email with a request to this end to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2.3. Provision of personal data to third parties – processors
Under no circumstances shall The European Caravan be liable for the use of the visitor/user’s personal data by third parties. For example, the website may contain links to third party websites or advertising messages from third party advertisers through which personal information is collected. This collection and processing of data is not the responsibility of The European Caravan, but the responsibility of the advertiser or operator of the website in question which the visitor/user visits.
The European Caravan will not sell, rent, exchange, distribute or otherwise make your personal information commercially available to third parties. However, we may provide the information you provide to third parties if this is necessary for any of the purposes described above.
For example, external service providers (third parties) will take care of the following for us:
- Data storage and processing in the Cloud (via a Cloud Service Provider)
- The internet environment (web hosting, mail hosting, etc.);
- Installation and maintenance of IT infrastructure (e.g. server);
- The (financial) administration and payroll administration;
- Production and distribution of newsletters and invitations (Mailchimp).
Of course, we make the necessary arrangements with these external service providers (processors) to guarantee the security of your personal data.
2.4. Legal requirements
In rare cases, The European Caravan may be required to disclose your personal information pursuant to a court order or in order to comply with other mandatory laws or regulations. The European Caravan will reasonably attempt to inform you of this in advance, unless there are legal restrictions.
Article 3 – Term of processing
The European Caravan will store the aforementioned data for the period when the visitor/user’s profile or messages are visible and until 3 months after the visitor/user deletes his or her profile. Profiles can be deleted at any time.
Personal data will be stored and processed for the period necessary in function of the purposes of the processing and in function of the contractual relationship between you and The European Caravan. For example, we do not retain your data for more than 2 years after you last requested our services or last used or terminated the collaboration, except for data related to accounting matters (7 years).
Article 4 – Your rights
You have the right to access and copy the personal data relating to you.
You have the right for your data to be rectified and completed if your data is incorrect or incomplete.
You have the right for the personal data we have received from you to be erased (deleted) if it is no longer strictly necessary for the purposes for which it was processed. We do, however, reserve the right to determine whether your request is justified.
You have the right to restrict data processing: if you object to the processing of certain data, you can request that this processing be stopped.
You may also object to the way in which certain of your personal data is processed. For example, you have the right to object to the use of your personal data for direct marketing purposes (via unsubscribe options in e-mails). You also have the right to allow us to transfer the data provided by you back to you or, following your instruction, directly to another party.
Via the address at the top of this privacy statement you can contact us to exercise your rights, accompanied by a motivation for your question.
We may ask you to identify yourself before we can respond to the above requests. To verify your identity, we ask you to add a copy of the front of your identity card to your request. We strongly advise you to make your passport photo invisible and to specify that it is a copy.
Finally, no category of persons will be subject to any form of automated decision-making or profiling.
Article 5 – Safety and confidentiality
5.1. We have developed security measures that are technically and organisationally adapted to avoid the destruction, loss, falsification, alteration, unauthorised access or accidental notification to third parties of personal data, as well as any other unauthorised processing of these data.
5.2. Under no circumstances can The European Caravan be held liable for any direct or indirect damage resulting from the incorrect or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
5.3. You must comply with the security regulations at all times, including by preventing any unauthorised access to your login data. You are therefore solely responsible for the use made of the website on your computer, IP address and with your identification data, as well as for the confidentiality thereof.
Article 6 – Access by third parties
6.1. In order to process your personal data, we provide access to your personal data to our own employees and volunteers, as well as those of the partner organisations MIR and Taller de Musica.
6.2. We guarantee a similar level of protection by making contractual obligations enforceable on these employees and representatives, who are similar to this Privacy Statement.
Article 7– Complaints
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data or about the exercise of your rights, please contact us directly. You are always entitled submit a complaint with the supervisory authority with regard to privacy protection:
Data Protection Authority (GBA)
Rue de la Press 35
Article 8 – Cookies
8.1. What are cookies?
- Improve the use and functionalities of its websites;
- Analyse how users use our websites and to compile statistics;
- Show personalised information (language, shopping basket) to the users of our websites.
Cookies can be placed by The European Caravan as well as by other parties. If we allow third parties to place cookies on our websites, these parties must contractually guarantee a secure connection over which the data is exchanged.
8.2. What types of cookies do we use?
- Necessary cookies: these cookies allow you to navigate through our websites and apps and use their functionalities.
- Functional cookies: these types of cookies make it easier for our websites and apps to run and provide a personalised browsing experience by, for example, remembering login names, passwords and preferences – such as language settings.
- Performance cookies: these cookies collect information about the use of our websites and apps, such as the number of visitors, what popular web pages are and the time that users spend on a particular web page. Based on our users’ behaviour, we can improve our websites and apps and optimize and personalize the user experience. We also use third party cookies for this purpose, in particular Google Analytics, which collects anonymous data about the use of our website and compiles visitor statistics.
8.3. Consent and management of cookies
Useful links and tools for your privacy regarding cookies & tracking:
Please note that changing the settings may cause The European Caravan websites to malfunction.